Frequently Asked Questions About Our Practice
1. Which insurances do you accept?
We accept most major insurances including Medicare, Aetna, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield, Hopkins, United Health Care, UMR, Cigna, Humana, Multiplan, Coventry, First Health, to name a few. At this time, we do not take Kaiser Permanente, Maryland Physicians Care, or Priority Partners. If you carry an insurance I did not list here, please call us as I may have overlooked it or we may be in the process of considering it.
2. Which labs or radiology offices will you use?
We have partnered with Quest Diagnostics to have blood drawn in our office. The phlebotomist is available at 8 am MTWF and 9 am Th for our patients, and since the lab is only for our own patients, an appointment is not needed as there is usually minimal wait. If you prefer, you can also get your labs drawn at LabCorp or Quest Diagnostics. You can schedule an appointment at labcorp.com
. For radiology, we commonly work with Advanced Radiology, Progressive Radiology, and Charter Radiology. We also have patients who get tests done at Frederick Hospital, University of Maryland, or Johns Hopkins. Please check with your insurance to see which lab or radiology office your insurance covers, and our office can work with them and with you.
3. Which hospital are you on staff with?
I am on staff with Carroll Hospital Center in Westminster, MD. However, some of my patients prefer to be admitted to Howard County General, St Joseph Hospital, Union Memorial Hospital, University of Maryland, or Johns Hopkins Hospital, and I can work on facilitating that as well.
4. How do I get my records transferred?
Please contact our office or your previous doctor's office for a record release form. You can either submit it to your previous doctor, or give the completed form to us, and we can take care of making the record requests on your behalf.
5. What should I bring to my first appointment?
Please bring your insurance card, picture ID (usually a drivers license), form of payment for any copays, co-insurances, and/or deductibles, and any medications you are currently taking.
6. Can I get a same day or next day appointment if I'm sick?
7. Can you do DOT (department of transportation) physicals?
Yes! Please contact us to schedule.
8. What type of tests can you do on site?
- sleep study and cpap adjustment
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Pulse oximetry
- Fingerstick blood glucose
- Hemoglobin A1c (a test to monitor diabetes)
- Stool heme occult
- Visual acuity screening
- retinal examination through specialized ophthalmoscope
- continuous heart monitoring for up to 2 weeks
- laboratory draws blood on-site
- rapid strep test
- rapid flu test
- rapid covid test
- rapid RSV test
- urine microalbumin and creatnine (a test to monitor kidney function in patients with diabetes)
9. What type of procedures do you offer?
- Laceration repair (stitches or staples)
- Stitch removal
- Staple removal
- Skin lesion or skin tag removal
- Superficial foreign body removal
- Joint, bursa, or cyst aspiration
- Joint or bursa cortisone injection
- MRSA screening
- Emergency defibrillation (all staff BLS-certified)
- ear wax removal
10. What medications do you give on site?
- Oxygen therapy
- Nebulizer treatments
- Intramuscular nausea medications
- Intramuscular anti-inflammatories
- Intramuscular steroids
- Intramuscular antibiotics
- vitamin b12
- osteoporosis injections
11. What type of vaccines do you offer?
- COVID19 bivalent Moderna and Pfizer booster
- Meningitis (menveo and bexsero)
- Pneumonia (prevnar20)
- Tetanus and diphtheria
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Shingles (shingrix)
- Travel vaccinations (including Japanese encephalitis (ixiaro), typhoid, and malaria medications)
If you have a special need, just send us an email or text or call, and we can usually find some sort of accomodation.
We aim to provide a VIP/concierge medicine-like experience without the VIP/concierge medicine price tag. Please remember we aim to work together with you to achieve your best physical, spiritual, mental, and emotional health, and God bless.